We all know that beef is a very healthy food and can be processed into many different delicious dishes, including beef ham. This dish is quite popular and is sold a lot in supermarkets or restaurants. However, not everyone has the time and conditions to make their own beef ham at home. Today we will show you how to make the best beef ham at home.
This will ensure fresh ingredients and good quality for your health.
1, Ingredients to prepare to make beef ham
To make beef ham, the main ingredient is of course beef, then salt water. With a weight of 1 kg of beef, 1 liter of brine will be needed, you need to remember this ratio.
Seasonings for 1 liter of brine include:
1 L water
10 g Cure
5g juniper berries
2g caraway seeds
2g garlic powder
2g black pepper
2 bay leaves
2, Equipment for making beef ham
To ensure your beef is still delicious and retains its sweetness after cooking, you need to prepare a large syringe to inject the brine into the meat. If it’s not available at home, you can find it at drugstores.
In particular, the simplest way to cook beef ham quickly and deliciously is that you should cook them with an induction cooker. But if you don’t have an induction cooker, don’t worry too much because we can replace it by steaming, but you will need help with a thermometer and it won’t be as delicious.
Next to it is a cooking pot, a waterproof bag.
If you want your beef ham to be more beautiful, you can use additional shaping molds according to your preference.
3, How to make the best beef ham at home
– First you need to put the juniper, black pepper, coriander, cumin and bay leaves in the mortar and pound it to create the brine seasoning.
– Then you will pour the crushed spice mixture into the brine and bring the mixture to a boil. After the water boils, you need to turn off the stove immediately and let it cool for 20-30 minutes.
– When the brine has cooled, you can filter it through a sieve to make sure the brine doesn’t have any residue.
– Now you will take the syringe and inject the brine into the beef. Make sure the beef is pumped with enough brine then you can stop.
– Put the beef that has been pumped with brine into a zippered bag, now you can put the leftover mosquito juice mixture into the bag. Before zipping the bag, make sure there is no air left in the bag.
– You will now store the beef ham in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. But it should be noted, every day turn and rotate the beef so that the salt water is evenly absorbed into the meat.
– After storing in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, you will now take the beef out to cook on the induction hob for about 2 hours at 67 C° (152.6 F°). The most important thing is to always make sure the bag of beef is always submerged in water or the ham will dry out.
– If you do not have an induction cooker, you can replace it by steaming in a water bath or using a ham stamping machine, but this will take more work.
– After the beef hams are cooked, you will let them cool in the refrigerator for about 24 hours and then you can enjoy them.
4, How to use beef ham
After processing beef ham can be stored in the refrigerator for about 1 week. If you want a longer shelf life, you can freeze them in the refrigerator.
Beef ham is an easy dish to eat and can be combined with many different foods but still ensures adequate protein for the body. 1 piece of beef ham and 1 slice of bread will ensure energy for you to study and work all morning.
This is the recipe and process for making beef ham. You can also use it to make pork or venison ham, depending on your preference. We hope the article How to make the best beef ham at home will be usefull for you.